4 Chicken Breast Fillets
3 Tablespoons (45ml) Wholegrain Mustard
1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
1 teaspoon (5ml) dried, mixed herbs
2 tablespoons ( 30ml) of oil
1 tablespoon (15ml) garlic and ginger paste
1/4 (1,25ml) teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
250g sliced mushrooms
250ml Fresh Cream
1/2 (2,5ml) teaspoon salt
1 (5ml) teaspoon ground black pepepr
2 tablespoons (30ml) oil for frying
1. In a bowl, add the mustard, honey, mixed herbs, chicken, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic and ginger paste and mix to coat the chicken well. Cover and put this bowl in the fridge for an hour.
2. In a pan, on medium to high heat, add your 2 tablespoons of oil and put the chicken in. Fry the chicken until golden brown on each side. NB: Keep the leftover marinade. Don’t throw it away.
3. Reduce your heat to medium low. Remove the chicken and put it into a bowl. Cover it and set aside to use later.
4. In the same pan, add your onion. Sauté for 5 minutes then add your mushrooms. NB:If you feel your pan is too sticky and dark, you can use another pan.
5. Sauté the onion and mushrooms for about 8 minutes then add the remaining chicken marinade and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add your cream and cook for 2 minutes, then add your chicken and take off the heat once the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
I served this with fragrant rice.